Heartsaver CPR AED for K-12 Schools
The Heartsaver for K-12 Schools course is designed to prepare students (elementary, middle, junior and high schools) to provide CPR and use an automated external defibrillator (AED) in a safe, timely, and effective manner.
This course is also intended for “faculty and staff” (teachers and coaches or any employee of K-12 school system).
$30.00 (plus tax and fees, group pricing available, course completion card included).
Optional - First Aid Course add $10.00
- Estimated time to complete: 2.5-3.5 hours for CPR AED only.
- Estimated time to complete with First Aid: 4–4.5 hours total to complete.
- Optional written test available to administer to students if required for home school credits.
- Skills practice and testing with AHA Instructor during course.
- Heartsaver K-12 Schools eCard course completion certificates/card.
Course Benefits & Features
After successfully completing the Heartsaver K-12 Schools, students should be able to manage:
- Adult CPR AED
- Adult choking
- effective breaths using mouth-to-mouth (with a mask) or a barrier device for all age groups
- perform high-quality CPR for an adult alone or as a team member during multi-rescuer CPR
- Optional modules:
- Child CPR AED
- Child choking
- Infant CPR
- Infant choking
The Heartsaver for K-12 Schools course is designed for elementary, middle, junior and high school students as well as “faculty and staff” (teachers and coaches or any employee of K-12 school system). This also applies for Home School students.