Heartsaver First Aid
The Heartsaver First Aid course is designed to prepare students to provide first aid in a safe, timely, and effective manner. This option is for anyone with limited or no medical training who needs a course completion card for personal/civic growth or to meet job, regulatory (OSHA) or other requirements. This course can also be taken by anyone who wants to be ready for an emergency in any setting.
$45.00 (plus tax and fees, group pricing available, course completion card included).
- Estimated time to complete: 2.5 - 4 hours.
- Optional written test available for Instructors to administer to students whose employers require completion of a written test.
- Skills practice and testing with AHA Instructor during course.
- Heartsaver First Aid course completion card.
Course Benefits & Features
After successfully completing the Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED course, students should be able to manage:
- emergencies for the first few minutes until emergency medical services arrives
- first aid basics (including scene safety, finding the problem, and calling for help)
- medical emergencies (including actions for heart attack, stroke, choking, breathing problems, and shock)
- use an epinephrine pen
- injury emergencies (including actions for controlling bleeding, broken bones, and burns)
- environmental emergencies (including actions for bites and stings, and temperature-related and poison emergencies)
- recognize the legal questions that apply to first aid rescuers.
Heartsaver courses are for anyone with limited or no medical training who needs a course completion card in first aid and/or CPR AED to meet job, regulatory or other requirements.