Heartsaver CPR AED
The Heartsaver CPR AED course is designed to prepare students to provide CPR and use an automated external defibrillator (AED) in a safe, timely, and effective manner.
This option is for anyone with limited or no medical training who needs a course completion card for personal/civic growth or to meet job, regulatory or other requirements (e.g. OSHA etc.). This selection is basic for any age or group setting, club, church, camp counselor, lifeguard etc.
$65.00 (plus tax and fees, group pricing available, course completion card included).
- Heartsaver CPR AED manual: http://www.laerdal.com/us/item/15-1020 -or-
- Heartsaver CPR AED ebook: http://www.laerdal.com/us/item/15-3116
- Or can be obtained at EKU Campus Bookstore: Click Here
- Estimated time to complete: 4 -4.5 hours.
- Optional written test available for Instructors to administer to students whose employers require completion of a written test.
- Skills practice and testing with AHA Instructor during course.
- Heartsaver CPR AED course completion card
Course Benefits & Features
After successfully completing the Heartsaver CPR AED course, students should be able to manage:
- Adult CPR AED
- Adult choking
- effective breaths using mouth-to-mouth (with a mask) or a barrier device for all age groups
- perform high-quality CPR for an adult alone or as a team member during multi-rescuer CPR
- Optional modules:
- Child CPR AED
- Child choking
- Infant CPR
- Infant choking
Heartsaver courses are for anyone with limited or no medical training who needs a course completion card in first aid and/or CPR AED to meet job, regulatory or other requirements.