Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED
The Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED course is designed to prepare students to provide first aid and CPR and use an automated external defibrillator (AED) in a safe, timely, and effective manner. This option is for anyone with limited or no medical training who needs a course completion card for personal/civic growth or to meet job, regulatory (OSHA) or other requirements. This course can also be taken by anyone who wants to be prepared for an emergency in any setting.
$70.00 (plus tax and fees, group pricing available, course completion card included)
- Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED manual: http://www.laerdal.com/us/item/15-1018 -or-
- Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED ebook: http://www.laerdal.com/us/item/15-3117
- Or can be obtained at EKU Campus Bookstore: Click Here
- Estimated time to complete: 5-7 hours.
- Written exam and skills test.
- BLS for healthcare providers course completetion card.
Course Benefits & Features
After successfully completing the Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED course, students should be able to manage:
- emergencies for the first few minutes until emergency medical services arrives
- first aid basics (including scene safety, finding the problem, and calling for help)
- medical emergencies (including actions for heart attack, stroke, choking, breathing problems, and shock)
- use an epinephrine pen
- injury emergencies (including actions for controlling bleeding, broken bones, and burns)
- environmental emergencies (including actions for bites and stings, and temperature-related and poison emergencies)
- recognize the legal questions that apply to first aid rescuers.
- adult CPR AED
- child CPR AED (optional module)
- infant CPR (optional module)
Heartsaver courses are for anyone with limited or no medical training who needs a course completion card in first aid and/or CPR AED to meet job, regulatory or other requirements.