HeartCode BLS Online (Formerly BLS for Healthcare Provider Parts 2 & 3)
HeartCode BLS Online (recommended for Recertification) (formerly BLS for Healthcare Providers Online)
This program is for students and healthcare professionals seeking an alternative (nonclassroom) method for completing recertification/renewal/update. The HeartCode BLS course teaches both single rescuer and team basic life support skills for application in both in-facility and prehospital settings. This course is designed for students and healthcare professionals and other personnel who need to know how to perform CPR and other basic cardiovascular life support skills. BLS is the foundation for saving lives after cardiac arrest.
*This offers the same content as the in classroom course.
Price$50.00 (plus tax and fees, group pricing available, course completion card included, no manual required)
- HeartCode BLS Online: http://www.laerdal.com/us/HeartcodeBLS
- Estimated Time: 1-1.5 hours
- Time to complete practice and testing sessions vary
- Classroom portion is a hands-on skills session and skills test with an authorized AHA BLS Instructor
- BLS course completion card (upon completion of all parts)
Course Benefits & FeaturesAfter successfully completing the BLS course, students should be able to:
- describe the importance of high-quality CPR and its impact on survival
- describe all the steps of the Chain of Survival and apply the BLS concepts of the Chain of Survival
- recognize the signs of someone needing CPR
- perform high-quality CPR on adults, children, and infants
- describe the importance of early AED use and demonstrate using one
- provide effective ventilations with a barrier device
- describe the importance of teams in multirescuer resuscitation and perform as an effective team member during multirescuer CPR
- describe the technique for relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults and infants.
This program is for students/healthcare professionals seeking an alternative (nonclassroom) method for completing an initial or renewal/update BLS Course.