Basic Life Support (formerly BLS for Healthcare Providers)
This classroom/instructor led course teaches both single rescuer and team basic life support skills for application in both in-facility and prehospital settings.
This course is designed for students and healthcare professionals and other personnel who need to know how to perform CPR and other basic cardiovascular life support skills. BLS is the foundation for saving lives after cardiac arrest.
$65.00 (plus tax and fees, group pricing available, course completion card included).
- BLS manual: http://www.laerdal.com/us/item/15-1010 -or-
- BLS ebook: http://www.laerdal.com/us/item/15-3102
- Or can be obtained at EKU Campus Bookstore: Click Here
- Estimated time to complete: 4 – 4.5 hours.
- Written exam and skills test.
- BLS course completetion card.
Course Benefits & Features
After successfully completing the BLS course, students should be able to:
- describe the importance of high-quality CPR and its impact on survival
- describe all the steps of the Chain of Survival and apply the BLS concepts of the Chain of Survival
- recognize the signs of someone needing CPR
- perform high-quality CPR on adults, children, and infants
- describe the importance of early AED use and demonstrate using one
- provide effective ventilations with a barrier device
- describe the importance of teams in multirescuer resuscitation and perform as an effective team member during multirescuer CPR
- describe the technique for relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults and infants
For students/healthcare professionals who need to know how to perform CPR, as well as other lifesaving skills, in a wide variety of in-hospital and out-of-hospital settings.